Saturday 13 September 2014

Lesser Grey Shrike and Barred Warbler

After a Great Cruise it was back to good old Suffolk and what a welcome back Lesser Grey Shrike at Shingle Street and then Barred Warbler at Thorpeness.

Lesser Grey Shrike
 








 
Barred Warbler at Thorpeness
 
Thursday
 
I arrived at 0800hrs and to my amazement I was the only person there, it showed briefly when I got there then done the usual Barred Warbler thing, disappeared deep into the bramble bush. Then after an hour wait it appeared and showed very well for about 10 minutes at that time a photographer from Surrey Brian Harrison was also with me and it was a life tick for him.
 



 
Friday
 
I went back on Friday morning it showed very briefly skulking at top of the bush then disappeared and only made brief appearances for the rest of the day always half hidden just like you expected for a Barred Warbler!!
 
 
this shot summed up the views after the first showing !!!!
 
 
 
Great Welcome back to Suffolk !!!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment